Nutrition has gained a lot of popularity in the last couple of years. However, there are still a lot of people that don’t quite understand what nutrition is, what are the benefits of good nutrition and how a nutritionist can help you better manage your health and wellbeing regardless if it is to lose weight, manage chronic health conditions or even improve skin appearance.
Nutrition is a study that observes how diseases, certain conditions, and further health complications can be prevented, reduced or improved with appropriate diet and supplements to help you achieve optimal health.
Benefits Of Seeing A Nutritionist:
- Better looking skin
- Stop being on yo-yo diets that don’t work (in a long term) and learn how to eat for your body type
- Feel good and look great regardless of your age!
- Improve your immune system, and your health
- Balance your hormones- this includes perimenopausal women too; you don’t need to suffer from hot flushes
- Better digestion- say Goodbye to bloating and discomfort
- Fit in your old clothes again!
- Improve your energy levels, cognitive function, etc.
How Nutritional Consultation Work?
Initial Nutritional Consultation is a fact-finding session during which your full medical history will be noted, any symptoms you might be experiencing are noted as well (anything from bloating, brain fog, hair loss, pains in joints and body to swollen feet).
To gain an overview of your nutritional status and the impact it is having on your health, a nutritionist will assess your current diet and lifestyle, sometimes even refer you for further pathology testing if need be to determine which path or nutritional protocol is best for YOU.
You will leave with recommended dietary and supplement advice specific to your goals.
Depending on the nature of your visit you might be booked in for a follow-up appointment in 3-4 weeks to further assess your progress.
- Health fund rebates for Nutritionist are available with most funds including NIB, AHM, Medibank private, CBHS, GU Health etc.
Please note: Health fund rebates are not available with BUPA, HCF or HBA at this time. If your fund is not listed or you are unsure if you are covered for Nutrition services, we urge you to contact your fund directly.
*Pathology test and supplements are not included in the consultation cost.